Newport’s family-friendly music festival, Rodney Parade, Newport, NP19 OUU
Portstock festival is a one day music event, raising money for St David’s Hospice Care, which means you can get down and boogie to some live music, support local traders and have a family day out, all for a good cause.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Following on from the success of 2018’s first ever Portstock Festival, we’re bringing the annual festival back for 2019. Portstock is a one day music event with a diverse selection of local food traders, stalls and workshops and a real value for money family day out. Newport has always had a strong music culture and our aim is to embrace the local community’s enthusiasm whilst delivering a great day out for all. And better still, it’s for a good cause, with all proceeds going to support the work of St David’s Hospice Care. This year the event will be bigger, better and a hopefully a lot less wetter as we’ve moved the date forward a few months in the hope of some sunshine, but bring your wellies just in case!
By supporting Portstock you are supporting the work of St David’s Hospice Care, which means you are making a positive difference to patients and their families all throughout Newport, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Torfaen and South and Mid Powys. The funds raised will provide comprehensive palliative care to people facing life limiting illnesses and provide care and support to their families at a very difficult time. St David’s Hospice Care, with your help, aims to ensure that patients have the choice to receive care at home, surrounded by friends and family.
Our large stage will be running throughout the day with a wide variety of music for every taste.
Local street food stalls
Sample some of our delicious street food on offer from woodfired pizzas to burgers named after rugby players, there’s something for everyone!
Expect plenty of sweet treats & top quality coffee from local boys Matt & Ant
Fiery goodness! We bring you Dough to Go with their wood fired pizzas.
Serving burgers & hot dogs - the only place to get a burger named after Welsh Rugby Union Player Alun Wynn Jones.
We love Chock Shop’s gooey brownies and we’re sure you will too, the most difficult part is knowing which flavour to pick!
What’s your flavour? The Welsh Ice Cream Trike have a flavour for everyone!
Does what it says on the (box), choose from chicken, prawn, duck or keep it simple with veg chow mein.
Rodney Parade Bar
Serving all of your favourite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, with local Tiny Rebel on tap too!
Activities, workshops & stalls
We’ve handpicked a great selection of activities & workshops this year to keep the kiddies occupied and to make sure you have a brilliant day!
Dragons Rugby | Characters N Co | The Pixie’s Wardrobe workshops | The Slime Factory workshops | Family garden games by Melin Homes Communities Team | Children’s sports games by Newport Live
We’ve taken 20% off all ticket prices, so all your family and friends can enjoy a fab day out!
(2 adults & 2 5-15 year olds)
5-15 year olds
Wristbands will be issued
at the gate
Includes access for 10 guests,
table in marquee with buffet, bar,
toilets & golden circle viewing.
Tel: 01633 851058 or 07870
682828 to book.
Tickets include booking fee
Booking line: 01633 674 990
By supporting Portstock you are supporting the work of St David’s Hospice Care, which means you are making a positive difference to patients and their families all throughout Newport, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Torfaen and South and Mid Powys.
Being kind to the environment is very important to us at Portstock. Here are some ways in which you can help us be eco-friendly:
- Rubbish – There will be plenty of recycling bins around the festival site. Please try to put the correct materials in the bins provided.
- Nappies – Nappy bins will be provided within the disabled toilets where changing facilities are available.
- Food waste – Please ensure that food waste is deposited in the correct bins, there will be plenty of places around the site to dispose of any leftovers.
- Travel & parking – There is no parking available at Rodney Parade on the day of the event. With such a central and easily accessible location, we want to try and bring down our collective carbon footprint as much as possible and would encourage you to use public transport to get to the festival.
All of our food and drink traders are required to adhere to health and safety, food hygiene standards and our vision of creating a green festival.
- Please do not bring your own food or drinks on site.
- Bag searches will be in place upon arrival to the festival site and any items found will be removed.
- We have a wide variety of food and snacks available and encourage our guests to “shop local” and enjoy what the festival has to offer.
- As well as many food stalls there will be fully stocked bars packed with everyone’s favourite beverages.
- Bottled water will be available on the site, this is available to purchase for a small donation to St David’s Hospice Care.
- A strict alcohol policy is in place, any alcohol being brought into the festival search will be confiscated. Challenge 25 will be active at all bars, please don’t be offended if you are asked for ID, you’re lucky to look so young (full UK driving license and passport will be accepted as forms of identification).
- There is no parking available at Rodney Parade on the day of the festival.
- Visitors to Rodney Parade are encouraged to use local car parks or public transport (Please be respectful to local residents)
- Please call: 07870 682828 for any enquiries.
Disabled parking spaces are limited but available on site, spaces will need to be pre booked. On arrival you will be asked to present your blue badge and keep it visible throughout the day.
The festival site is flat but mostly on grass, There will be a number of toilets specifically for disability use.
For further information or if you have questions about the festival access please don’t hesitate to contact us
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01633 851051
Our guests’ safety is very important to us. Fully trained security staff will be on hand throughout the site as well as volunteer marshals who will be able to point you in the right direction and answer any questions.
Bag searches will be in place upon entry to the festival. We are strictly against any drug use at Portstock and anyone found with drugs will be asked to leave the festival.
What time does the event start and finish?
The festival will be kicking off at 12pm and aims to finish at 11pm.
Can I Bring My dog?
Sadly not, dogs and pets are not allowed, however guide dogs are welcome.
Can I bring a Picnic?
No – but food is widely available throughout the site.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
No – but there are plenty of bars to choose from on site.
What if it rains?
Come prepared, this is Wales!
Can I bring a camping chair?
Yes – there will also be picnic blankets available for a small donation.
Will there be activities for children?
Yes – please keep up to date with our social media and website for further details and updates.
Where can I park?
Newport City Centre, surrounding area or please use public transport.
Can I get a refund if unable to attend?
It is not possible to process refunds for this event, you can transfer your ticket to someone – please contact us.
All money raised will go to support the work of St David’s Hospice Care.
What entertainment is available at the festival?
There will be a Main Stage with a wide variety of acts throughout the day together with workshops.
Please see our line-up section for details and keep up to date on social media for updates.
If you would like to volunteer to help at the festival or one of the car parking sites please get in touch Email: email@example.com or Tel: 01633 851051
Sponsors & Supporters
Portstock raises money for the incredible work that St David’s Hospice Care provides each year. This is made possible not only by the supporters but also by our wonderful sponsors and partners. We are happy to discuss sponsorship of various items, such as workshops, fairground etc. Please contact us for more information.
For your sponsorship you will receive:
- VIP tickets for the event
- Use of VIP marquee throughout the day
- Social media mentions reaching over 6000 supporters
- Possible company branding opportunities
- Possible mentions from compère on day of event
For more information, to receive an event prospectus or to discuss a sponsorship opportunity please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01633 851051
Keep in touch
If you have any questions or queries regarding Portstock festival please contact St David’s Hospice Care:
Tel: 01633 851051